Australia’s electricity industry needs to change dramatically to ensure the country’s transition to a low-carbon future.
Local renewable energy networks and generators like households, precincts and community groups have the capacity to disrupt the electricity sector and contribute to positive national and global impacts, but existing institutions and business models are slowing their growth.
This National Forum will examine the barriers to expanding grid-connected small and medium-scale renewable electricity by focusing on institutional issues including pricing and tariffs, business models, legalities, regulations and standards and organisational structures.
The Forum will also consider how new institutions and technologies have the potential to manage renewable energy supply and demand in real time, offering new options for prosumers and ensuring Australia’s transition to an electricity system that’s geographically distributed, environmentally sound and less expensive.
Topics to be discussed include:
• Community renewable energy projects
• Local electricity trading
• Electricity tariffs for purchase from the grid and feed-in to the grid
• Virtual power plants
- The Hon. Robert Hill AC, Chairman of CRC for Low Carbon Living
- Simon Corbell, Victorian Renewable Energy Advocate
- Dr Renate Egan, Chair of Australian Photovoltaics Institute and Cofounder and Chair of Solar Analytics Pty Ltd
- Dean Spaccavento, Cofounder and CEO of Reposit Power
- Dr Anna Bruce, School of Photovoltaic & Renewable Energy Engineering, UNSW
- Dr Sven Teske, Research Director, Institute for Sustainable Futures, University of Technology Sydney
- Elizabeth Tomc, University of Sydney
- Katharine Hole, Executive Director, Energy Strategy, Energy, Water & Portfolio Strategy, NSW Department of Planning & Environment
- Marija Petkovic, Founder & Managing Director, Energy Synapse
- Alison Crook AO, Chair of Directors, Enova Energy Pty Ltd
- Dr Robert Passey, Senior Research Associate, CEEM UNSW, and Senior Consultant at ITP Renewable
RSVP's are now FULL for this event
To access the program and full list of speakers click HERE
What: CRC for Low Carbon Living National Forum – Expanding Local Renewable Electricity for Households, Precincts and Communities
When: 9.30 – 5pm, Wednesday, 6 June 2018
Where: Michael Hintze Theatre LG03, Tyree Energy Technologies Building, UNSW Sydney, Kensington (map reference H6)
READ THE FINAL REPORT HERE